Who We Are
2:B Creative offer services in all aspects of design, print and digital media, branding, packaging, liveries and display materials.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and promise to respect your personal information and do all we can to keep it safe. We aim to be clear about how we obtain your details and only process them in ways we believe you would reasonably expect.
We always aim to communicate with you respectfully, effectively and efficiently.
It is important that you read the full policy to understand what information we hold, how we may use it and what your rights are- but if you don’t have time to read it all now, here’s a quick summary:
- We collect information that is personal data. Personal data is information that can be used to help identify an individual, such as name, address, phone number, email address, IP addresses or website pages accessed.
- We collect information about everyone who engages with 2: B. This could be customers, employees or supporters.
- We collect information to provide services or goods, to provide information to clients and prospective clients and for administration purposes.
- We only collect the information that we need or that you agree we can collect.
- We do our best to keep personal information secure wherever we collect personal data online.
- We never sell your data and we will never share it with another company for their own purposes.
- We only share data where we are required by law or with carefully selected service providers who carry out work for us. We recognise the importance of ensuring that all our service providers treat your data as carefully as we would, use it only as instructed, and allow us to check that they do this.
This policy applies to all the websites we operate, our use of emails and postal mailings for marketing purposes, and any other methods we use for collecting information. It covers what we collect and why, what we do with the information, what we won’t do with the information, and what rights you have.
What is personal data and what information do we collect?
We will only ever collect the information we need- including data to help improve our services- or which you agree we can collect.
Personal data means information that can be used to identify you. It can include;
- Your name
- Your contact details whether personal or business, including postal address, email, telephone numbers along with your preferences as to which of these we should use to contact you in the future.
- Payment information such as bank account, direct debit, debit or credit card details
- Your position within an organisation.
- Internet Protocol addresses, details of pages visited on our websites and files downloaded.
- Other personal information or sensitive data you share with us.
How we Collect this Information
We collect personal information each time you deal with us or in connection with specific activities.
(1) When you give it to us DIRECTLY including;
- When you engage with our Social Media platforms including entering our competitions
- When you attend a meeting or an event, fill out a questionnaire or have a conversation with us and provide us with information about yourself.
- When you contact us to register to receive news about our work, sign up to 2B’s online content or you telephone, email, write to or text 2:B.
- Or otherwise provide us with personal information
Please note: You don’t have to disclose any of this information to browse our websites. However, if you choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
(2) Other information that is available publicly
This may include information found in publicly available sources such as Companies House, LinkedIn, government websites and information that has been published in reputable media.
(3) Social Media
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, we might have permission to access information from those sources. We will not add this information to your personal details.
(4) When we collect information as you use our website;
Like most websites, we use ‘cookies’ to help us make our site and the way you use it, better. Cookies are small text files that sites transfer to your device (computer, phone or tablet) and make interacting with a website faster and easier- for example, by automatically filling in your name and address in text fields.
2:B may store information about you and your activity in cookies. If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies that are set on your device, you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
How do we use personal data?
The information we gather helps us to send you what you want when you want it and to ensure that our communication with you is relevant and timely.
We will use your personal information to;
- Provide you with information, resources or services you have requested from us. We will not send you direct marketing if you have not provided your consent
- Keep a record of your correspondence, questions you have asked us or comments or complaints you have made
- Analyse use of our websites and ensure their content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Ensure that we know how you prefer to be contacted
- Understand how we can improve our customer experience based on your interests and interaction with us.
You can choose at any time which marketing materials or information you want to receive from 2:B and in which format. You can change or stop what you receive from us by following the instructions at the bottom of any postal communication or email or by contacting us at __
What is our legal basis for processing data?
From May 2018, we will use your consent for the provision of information (such as newsletters, updates of our work and activities and details of events) by way of email, post, telephone or online communication delivered by us. Each email communication you receive provides a clear opportunity for you to opt out of/unsubscribe from future email communications.
Contractual Basis- We will use a contractual basis for processing data relating to the provision or goods, services or resources you have requested or purchased and events you have booked.
If you are an existing client, we will use your support for us over the previous three-year period as a legitimate interest reason to continue sending you the communications you receive from us. If you have previously asked us not to contact you, we will continue to respect your wishes.
We will ensure that at all times, we balance the interest of 2:B against your rights and freedoms, having due regard to your reasonable expectations about the use of your data.
Security and Protecting your Personal Information
The security of your information is very important to us. We ensure that there are appropriate controls and procedures in place to protect your personal details. For example, information you submit on a physical form or when filling out online forms is encrypted and stored on a secure server.
Despite all the security and protection we put in place, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, you submit data at your own risk.
We undertake regular reviews of who has access to information we hold to ensure that your details are only accessible by appropriately trained and authorised staff.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Your information may occasionally be passed to service providers who perform functions on our behalf. These companies may only see your information to perform these functions and may not use it for any other purpose. We carry out comprehensive checks on these companies before we work with them and put a contract in place that sets out our expectations and requirements, especially regarding how they manage the personal data they have collected or to which they have access. They are required to destroy this information once the function for which it has been transferred has been carried out.
Due to the nature of servers and cloud-based storage all over the world, this may mean that, during the processing of your data, it leaves the European Economic Area (EEA). Although they may not be subject to the same data protection laws as in the UK, we will take steps to make sure they provide an adequate level of protection. By submitting your personal information, you are aggressing to this potential transfer, storing or processing at a location outside the EEA.
Keeping your information up to date
When possible, we use publicly available sources to keep your records up to date and accurate. We also take appropriate measures to ensure that information is only kept for as long as is necessary and only for the purpose for which it was given.
We would appreciate if you let us know if your contact or personal details change, as this gives us consent to use the updated information and continue to communicate with you.
How long we will keep your information for;
- We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to carry out the activity relevant to your interaction with us.
- If you ask us to cease communications with you, we will keep a record of your contact details and appropriate information to enable us to comply with your request.
- Where your information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is disposed of in a secure manner.
Your Rights under this policy
We’d like to keep all who engage with 2:B up to date with our activities and progress. So, to update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you are able to support us, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means) about our progress and how you can continue to engage with us.
We will not use your information for marketing or fundraising purposes if you have asked us not to or we do not have your permission to use it for these purposes. However, we will retain your basic details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
If you are registered to receive our email communications, every email communication provides a clear opportunity for you to opt out or unsubscribe from future email communications.
The General Data Protection Regulation gives you certain rights over your data and how we use it. You have a right to;
- Request a copy of the information we hold about you and details of what we do with that information
- Update or amend the information we hold about you if it is wrong.
- Change your communication preferences at any time
- Withdraw your consent to use of your personal information where we are relying on consent as the legal ground for processing it.
- Ask us to remove your personal information to your records. We will respond to your request within one month of receipt. Where the request is excessive, we reserve the right to request an extension of a period of two months and request a reasonable administration fee.
- Ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Obtain a portable copy of certain personal information
- Object to the processing of your information for marketing purposes.
- Raise a concern or complaint about the way in which your information is being used
- Ask us to explain any automated processing we carry out and the impact of this on you.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights or change your preferences on either what you receive from us or how you receive it, please contact email@example.com.
Changes to the Policy
2:B Creative may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, we will make this clear on the 2:B Creative website and/or by contacting you directly.